Bath County Virginia historic farm for sale on 53 acres bordering the National Forest. Restored 1890 farmhouse with 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths. Pure spring water. High-speed fiber internet! Fabulous open concept kitchen with custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances, a large butler’s pantry, and seating area perfect for entertaining! Formal dining room, office, and bath on the main floor. Original woodwork, windows, and wide plank floors. 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 3500 sq ft.
• pure spring water has been the sole source of water since the farm’s inception.
• entire farm is clean and free of chemical pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
• property borders the George Washington national forest.
• Stuart Run Creek runs along the length of the western border.
• Spring-fed pond
• over one-half mile of road frontage
• two 24’x45’ hoop houses (greenhouses without a heat source) with water and electricity extend the growing season
• numerous charming yet functional outbuildings.
• original 100+-year-old barn with some chestnut timber and shop/storage building has recently been painted.
• the former Armstrong post office located on the property now houses a successful garden shop with plenty of parking.
• the old laundry building has been revamped as a cool room for cut flower storage